Friday, January 18, 2013

Review of Star Trek Into Darkness Poster

I don't plan to buy this, though I expect it will be collectable. I appreciate the work and the art is well done, but an image of nothing but rubble is not my idea of wall art. The symbolism of the hole in the shape of the insignia is perhaps clever but I didn't notice until I read about it, and connecting the logo officers wear (to explore and bring peace) to destruction, is not, in my opinion, apprpriate symbolism for Star Trek. The whole atmosphere of the poster is wrong for Trek. I want to see the heroic characters, beautiful space scenes, not carnage and horror.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I studied microbiology/genetics, then shifted to the more purely creative fields of writing and painting. I’m passionate about my work, currently an ambitious Science Fiction drama, as well as reading, karate, horses, cats, gardening, creative cooking, and my family.