Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Real Space Portals; Blurring Science and Scifi



   Imagine chucking trash into a portal to the sun to burn it up (hence losing the material to Earth, but thats another story), sending beacons into space to contact aliens, mining minerals using robots sent through portals...the possibilities are endless and exciting.
   With science sounding like science fiction more and more often, it's a challenge for authors to keep up!  Perhaps I should go back and edit my space novel nearing completion, switching out some of the space elevator transportation with portals.  Will people already writing about portals be classed as writers of science-based drama by the time they publish? 
   The lines are blurring, able to reach out through space even as they're written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I studied microbiology/genetics, then shifted to the more purely creative fields of writing and painting. I’m passionate about my work, currently an ambitious Science Fiction drama, as well as reading, karate, horses, cats, gardening, creative cooking, and my family.